In 1980, everyone who knew seven-year-old Chris Greicius also knew he wanted to be a policeman when he grew up. Concerned that Chris' diagnosis with leukemia might prevent that dream from coming true, officers from the Arizona Department of Public Safety decided to create that dream for him. They pulled together people from all over the Phoenix community to grant Chris’ wish to be an Arizona State Troop-er.
“Our mission is to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy”.
Make-A-Wish Central & South Texas is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization and is governed by a dedicated and diversified volunteer local Board of Directors. In the last three years, Make-A-Wish Central and South Texas (MAW-CSTX) has upgraded its systems, processes and infrastructure to create a state of the art operating platform to ensure that their wish granters, volunteers, donors and staff are at optimum efficiency to deliver their mission. We are proud to share that our committed and passionate senior management team and staff granted 283 wishes this year.
Leveraging Make-A-Wish Central & South Texas’ momentum of recent success, our Office Coordinator will build value while developing a range of transferrable skills that could lead to positions of increasing responsibility in the organization. This is a phenomenal opportunity for a career-oriented professional who is passionate about the mission of Make-A-Wish and playing an integral role in impacting the chil-dren and families of Central and South Texas.
The Office Coordinator will report to the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Development Officer and is a point of centralized coordination among the Operations and Development teams and CEO.
- Assist with Board support, including scheduling meetings and events, maintaining accurate contact information, responding to requests, preparing for meetings, assembling meeting material and me-dia, producing and emailing statements, taking notes and producing minutes, and managing the timely distribution of a variety of information.
- Coordinate donor stewardship, including impact reports, thank you notes, and donor renewal let-ters.
- Support events and maintain an auction item database.
- Coordinate projects, maintain files, and handle email, letters and phone call correspondence.
- Coordinate and maintain an effective “to-do” schedule to ensure timely & appropriate follow up concerning donors and key stakeholders.
- Manage office supplies and meals for board meetings and staff celebrations.
- Protect the confidentiality of organization information.
- Adhere to the policies of Make-A-Wish Central & South Texas and present the organization in a pos-itive manner to the public as well as to all internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion, imagination, vision, leadership and integrity.
- Ability to plan, set goals and objectives, organize, and follow through.
- Ability to work effectively with and gain the respect and support of varied and changing constituencies including staff, board members, potential donors, volunteers and the like.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strong work ethic and heart for service, taking personal responsibility for meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to think strategically, comfortable asking questions, and able to work both collaboratively and independently as needed.
- Professional presence.
- Aptitude for analyzing and organizing data and deep knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Raiser’s Edge or other CRM experience a big plus. The interview will include a hands on challenge.
- Proven customer service, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure.
- Ability to make a commitment to the philosophy of Make-A-Wish, both nationally and locally.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 1 year of relevant work experience, non-profit experience a plus
- Reliable transportation
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- A high achiever with ability to seize opportunities and realize results.
- An organized individual with strong creative and conceptual skills.
- A team player who is inclusive, flexible, creative, energetic, and fair minded.
- A decisive and resourceful individual with the willingness to accept responsibility and take charge of results.
- A self-starter who is confident enough to express opinions, forging ahead when appropriate and holding back when necessary, with a sensitivity to the feelings and opinions of others.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
No phone calls, please
MAW-CSTX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.