We depend on people like you! We match volunteers to positions based on ability, interests and availability. Consider your goals, skills and purpose when you volunteer for the opportunity that best suits you. Note: Many volunteer positions require a background check plus ongoing training.
- Fundraising – Help us secure donated goods and services, write grants and/or sponsorship proposals, build partnerships with local companies, conduct research on giving campaigns conducted by local companies, organize a frequent-flier donation campaign, sell paper Make-A-Wish stars or plan/organize an external event to benefit Make-A-Wish.
- Office – Assist with miscellaneous projects at the office, including phone calls, wish research, mailings, etc.
- Speaker’s Bureau – Speak at community, school, business or civic events to increase support for Make-A-Wish while educating audiences about the Make-A-Wish mission.
- Special Events – Plan, organize, and implement successful Make-A-Wish fundraising events by working on event committees, helping out on the event day and/or participating in the event.
- Translator – Some wish kids come from non-English-speaking families, and we need help to determine their wish. Translators have the option of becoming fully trained wish granting volunteers. They can also provide short-term support as needed.
- Wish Granting – Wish granters meet the family, help the wish child determine the wish and act as a liaison between Make-A-Wish staff members and the family during the planning process. Wish granters must be at least 18 years old and must attend a mandatory in-depth training session.
To get started today, please download the Volunteer Application. (PDF file | 151 KB)
Complete the application and mail to:
Make-A-Wish Central and South Texas
2224 Walsh Tarlton Lane, Suite 200
Austin, TX 78746
Please note: Before attending training and becoming an active Volunteer you must successfully complete a criminal background check. Make-A-Wish Central & South Texas does not employ or utilize as a volunteer any individual who has been convicted of a crime that (a) victimizes children, (b) is sexual in nature, or (c) involves violence, fraud, or significant theft. We do ask our volunteers to cover the cost of their background check. Your background check will last for three years. Please contact us with any questions related to past convictions and/or our background check screening process.
Our next volunteer training will be in San Antonio on Saturday, July 14th, 9 am – 12:30 pm at the following location:
Morgan's Wonderland Event Center
5223 David Edwards Dr.
San Antonio, TX 78233
Please RSVP to Punevgl@pfgk.jvfu.bet by July 12th.
For more information, please contact Director of Wish Intake and Volunteer Services, Charity Embry at firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-329-9474, ext. 100.